No purchase necessary. This Contest is intended for viewing and participation in Canada only. Do not proceed if you are not a legal resident of Canada at time of participation. Entry into this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules. The Contest rules are a contract, so read them carefully before entering. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the releasees from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Meaning of Home Contest (the “Contest”)
- Contest starts on January 6, 2020 at 12:01 AM ET and continues until February 21, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET, the Contest Closing Date (the “Contest Period”).
- There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won for one (1) Grade 4, one (1) Grade 5, and one (1) Grade 6 Grand Prize winner, each consisting of one (1) Apple iPad 9.7” Wi-Fi 32GB – Silver and one (1) pizza party for the winner’s class. Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $579.00 CAD. Habitat for Humanity (the Contest “Sponsor”) will also donate one (1) $30,000.00 CAD grant toward each Grand Prize winner’s local Habitat, which will support the building of a new home in that community.
RUNNER UP PRIZES:
- There are nine (9) Runner Up Prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1” 32GB Android 9.0 Tablet With 8-Core Processor and one (1) pizza party for each Runner Up Prize winner’s class. Approximate retail value of each Runner Up Prize is $449.00 CAD. The Sponsor will also donate one (1) $10,000.00 CAD grant toward each Runner Up Prize winner’s local Habitat, which will support the building of a new home in that community.
- The Prizes in this Contest will not be awarded unless each Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian has signed a Declaration and Release Form, in accordance with these Rules.
- The Prizes in this Contest must be accepted as described in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and cannot be transferred, assigned, changed, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part, for cash, subject to the provisions set forth elsewhere in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations. All incremental costs in using or claiming a Prize not outlined in the Prize descriptions are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners.
- If a potential Prize Winner does not choose the local Habitat within seven (7) days following being notified as a potential Prize Winner, the Sponsor will assume responsibility for selecting a local Habitat.
- The odds of winning a Prize in this Contest depend upon the quality and number of eligible entries received for each prize and/or selection.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- No purchase necessary.
TEACHER SUBMITTED ENTRY
- To enter the Contest with a teacher submitted entry, write a composition, essay, or poem (between 50 and 300 words) telling us what home means to you and submit your composition, essay, or poem to your teacher, and upon your teacher’s submission of your entry at meaningofhome.ca you will automatically be entered in the Contest.
- In order for entries to be successful submitted by a teacher, teachers must register at meaningofhome.ca prior to submitting any student compositions, essays, or poems as official entries into this Contest.
- To enter the Contest online, write a composition, essay, or poem (between 50 and 300 words) telling us what home means to you and fully complete the official online entry form including, but not limited to, the entrant’s first and last name, address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, and email address on the official entry form found at meaningofhome.ca and click “submit” and you will automatically be entered in the Contest.
MAIL IN ENTRY
- To enter the Contest by mail, write a composition, essay, or poem (between 50 and 300 words) telling us what home means to you on a blank white piece of paper and include your first name, last name, age, address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, email address, school name, and grade, and mail it to “Meaning of Home Contest”, P.O. Box 400, Orangeville STN A, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 2Z7, in a postage-paid envelope. Upon receipt and verification of your entry by mail, you will be automatically entered into the Contest.
- By submitting a composition, essay, or poem and entering the Contest, all entrants agree to any rewrites or revisions of their submissions as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, although any such editing will be done in a way that does not change the intent of the composition, essay, or poem submitted. All entries must be original compositions and written in English or French to be considered for entry into this Contest.
- This Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada who are students in Grades 4, 5, or 6, and who are residing in Canada at the time of participation in this Contest. Entrants must have parental permission before participating in this Contest.
- You are not eligible if you are an employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor, or any of the Sponsor’s affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies, advertising or promotional agencies or a member of the immediate family or household of any of the above persons.
- Entries will be accepted during the Contest Period only.
- Starting no later than the week of March 2, 2020, a panel of judges selected by the Sponsors (the “Judging Panel”) will select three (3) eligible entries for the Grand Prizes available in this Contest (one (1) entry from all eligible Grade Four entries; one (1) entry from all eligible Grand Five entries; and one (1) entry from all eligible Grade Six entries) based on a predetermined set of judging criteria.
- Starting no later than the week of March 2, 2020, the Judging Panel will select nine (9) eligible entries for the Runner Up Prizes available in this Contest (three (3) entries from all eligible Grade Four entries; three (3) entries from all eligible Grade Five entries; and three (3) entries from all eligible Grade Six entries) based on a predetermined set of judging criteria.
- The selected entrants will be contacted by telephone, mail, or e-mail. In the event a selected entrant cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of the selection date, another entrant will be selected in accordance with these rules.
- In order to be declared the winner of a Prize, each selected entrant’s parent or legal guardian must complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form and correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question. There will be only one opportunity to answer the mathematical skill-testing question. An eligible entrant’s parent or legal guardian who provides an incorrect answer will no longer be eligible to win a Prize in this Contest. The procedure outlined above will be followed until the Prizes in this Contest have been awarded.
- Each selected entrant’s parent or legal guardian will have seven (7) days to return their Declaration and Release Form to the independent contest administrator. If a selected entrant’s parent or legal guardian does not return their Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days, the entrant will be declared ineligible and another eligible entry will be selected in accordance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations.
- Potential Prize winners must be legal residents of Canada and residing in Canada at the time of the Contest.
- On or after May 1, 2020, the three (3) Grand Prize and the nine (9) Runner Up Prize Winners will be posted online at meaningofhome.ca for viewing only.
- The Prizes available in this Contest must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable and no substitutions will be made, whether in cash or otherwise, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent or greater value, in the event that, for reasons beyond their control, the Sponsor is unable to award a Prize as described in these rules.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet during the promotional period, or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the online portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entries, either from individual entrants or entries submitted by an entrant’s teacher, as well as any printing, administrative or other error of any kind in connection with this Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability resulting from user attempts to participate in this Contest or, if required, download any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entry from any individual that it finds to be in violation of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations or tampering with the Contest process. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse an entry from a person whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to participate. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. Any attempt by anyone to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other legal remedy permitted by law.
- By participating in this Contest, each entrant’s parent or legal guardian grants to the Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, assignable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, translate, license, publicly perform and display the submitted entry essays, images or video (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, without your prior approval, and all entrants’ parents or legal guardians further waive any copyright that they may have in the submitted entry information. In addition, by submitting an entry in this Contest, each entrant’s parent or legal guardian represents and warrants that they own and control all rights in and to the submitted entry information and that each entrant’s parent or legal guardian has the right to grant the foregoing rights to the Sponsor.
- By participating in this Contest, each entrant’s parent or legal guardian agrees that they have provided permission for the entrant to participate in this Contest and to comply with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and with the decisions of the Sponsor, the Judging Panel and/or the independent contest administrator, which are irrevocable and shall be legally binding in all instances.
- By participating in this Contest, each Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian agrees to sign a Declaration and Release Form in the manner prescribed herein, releasing the Sponsor, their affiliates, respective advertising and promotional agencies, and the independent contest administrator from any liability in connection with this Contest or the Prize awarded.
- By participating in this Contest, each Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian agrees to the use of each Prize Winner’s name, address (city and province only), photo, and/or images on video for publicity purposes relating exclusively to this Contest without compensation.
- By accepting a Prize in this Contest, each Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian absolves the Sponsor, Contest partners, their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability arising out of or in any way connected with the operation of this Contest and use of a Prize. Each Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or the use or redemption of a Prize.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person entering the Contest online, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” in whose name the e-mail account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria of this Contest. “Authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to an e-mail address and/or telephone number, by an Internet service provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be adjudicated solely in the applicable court in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Contest Minimum Disclosure
No purchase necessary. Contest valid from January 6 to February 21, 2020. There are 12 prizes available to be won with a total approximate retail value of $5,778 CAD. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the number and score of eligible entries received. Correctly answering a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question required. Open to all legal residents of Canada who are grade 4, 5, and 6 students. Limit one entry per entry person. For complete contest rules see meaningofhome.ca.